Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ'S)
FAQs for Steerable Fog Lights:
1. What are steerable fog lights?
- Our steerable fog light mounts are a specialized, patented lighting fixture that bolts on to the knuckle to provide optimal illumination in foggy conditions, especially for lifted vehicles and Jeeps.
2. How do steerable fog lights work?
- Our steerable fog light mounts bolt to the "knuckles" of your vehicle, which allow you to utilize your existing steering system to control the direction of the light beam. This allows drivers to have better visibility in foggy or low-visibility situations and enjoy a more pleasant and visible experience off road.
3. What are the benefits of using steerable fog lights?
- Steerable fog lights offer several benefits due to their low mounting position and adaptive capabilities. Benefits include improved visibility for lifted vehicles in adverse weather conditions, enhanced safety while maneuvering through turns or bends at night, and a decrease in blinding oncoming traffic.
4. Can steerable fog lights be installed on any vehicle?
- Although steerable fog lights can be installed on most Jeeps, trucks, SUVs, and other off-road vehicles, we have not designed and tested every vehicle on the market yet so it is recommended to consult with a professional to ensure compatibility and proper installation.
5. Are steerable fog lights legal?
- The short answer, yes. While there is no law against having steerable fog lights, the legality of them is most likely dependent on what type of light/beam you are running. A DOT rated light is recommended for normal on road use. It is important to check with your local authorities or consult a professional to ensure compliance with the law.
6. How do I adjust the direction of steerable fog lights?
- The process of adjusting steerable fog lights may vary depending on the specific model and vehicle. Most of the time they are mounted in a way that allows you to adjust the beam position both up/down and side/side using the mounting hardware to hold them into position.
7. Can steerable fog lights be used in conjunction with other lighting fixtures?
- Yes, steerable fog lights can be used in conjunction with other lighting fixtures, such as headlights or auxiliary lights, to provide enhanced visibility and safety.
8. Are steerable fog lights patented?
- We do currently hold two patents on our steerable light mounts. Patent numbers are usually posted in the collection and product pages or in the header of our website. Please contact us directly if you have any questions or concerns about our patents. firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Can I install steerable fog lights myself?
-Knuckle Pod Mounts are 100% bolt on and simple to install with a few tools and the instructions listed on the bottom of your products' page. (Please consult your factory manual for proper torque specs on mounting bolts and use loc tite to avoid critical failures of loose bolts.) You will also need a basic understanding on how to properly wire your lights to a switch, as well as some basic electrical tools. Although they are simple for most DIY'ers, it is always recommended to seek professional assistance to ensure proper installation and avoid any potential damage to your vehicle.
10. Where can I purchase steerable fog lights?
- Steerable fog lights can be purchased from our website directly by using the menu at the top and finding the Steerable Lighting tab, or through various aftermarket automotive retailers, both online and in-store. It is important to choose a reputable seller to ensure the quality and compatibility of the product. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or need help finding a local retailer/installer.